|What: 6-month intensive training program: From idea to ptototype
Where: Tbilisi, Kobuleti (TBC) Georgia
First meeting: May 9-14 in Tbilisi, Georgia
Implementation phase: June-August 2018
Final meeting: September (dates TBC)
Deadline for applications: April, 5th
- Have a startup idea in the field of social entrepreneurship
- Want to try out building a startup in a positive business climate area
- Want to share your idea with potential donors and business angels
- Want to learn how to launch your product or test the prototype
And if you are:
- From Georgia or Russia
- Aged 18-35
- Able to attend 2 fully funded meetings organized in Georgia
Then continue reading further, as this program might be interesting for you:
Creative Development Center Georgia in collaboration with Social Impact Hub “Effendi Villa” are pleased to announce an open call for participants for Social Entrepreneurship Lab project.
Social Entrepreneurship Lab is a program that offers young people from Georgia and Russia
a chance to:
– get to know the concept of social entrepreneurship better;
– get intensive trainings on how to develop and pitch their startup ideas, write viable business plans, and make prototypes;
– develop and present ideas together with other fellows in binational teams;
– seed funding of Russian-Georgian collaborative initiatives, which must be the base for future social entrepreneurship projects.
The program consists of the following activities:
– Social Entrepreneurship Lab Kick off Meeting – Tbilisi, Georgia
30 participants from Georgia and Russia meet to exchange on expertise as well as develop networks for future cooperation. Participants get input on building cross-border cooperation and plan next steps, which foresee implementation of common initiatives in the region. The meeting is visited by representatives of public as well as business sectors. During this meeting, participants have a chance to receive an intensive training on what social entrepreneurship is about, how to write a business plan and develop a marketing strategy for social impact, and how to start moving towards creation of an enterprise. Participants will team up and create a startup plan for further development of Collaborative activities.
– Collaborative activities: participants develop and submit their project ideas that will be a basis for future social enterprises. They shall include cross-sector cooperation in their proposals. Project ideas should include a further plan for sustainable development of cooperation. Project ideas are submitted to mentors, who facilitate meetings and work with fellows on further development of their ideas and strategy. If participants develop their plan accordingly, the most efficient proposals will get seed funding to pilot and implement their innovative methods. Projects are demanded to be paired up with cross-border partners (Russian-Georgian teams).
– The program committee selects teams with the best startup ideas in accordance with the program criteria, to be invited to the final Social Entrepreneurship Lab Forum. Here it is very important, that ideas should have a possibility to create prototypes – minimum viable product, that can be presented to a wider public and be replicable in other places.
– Social Entrepreneurship Lab Forum – evaluation meeting, where participants present their projects, evaluate their activities, meet representatives of public and business sectors. This meeting is mainly focused on presenting startup ideas and prototypes, for their further development and building partnerships. During this meeting participants will get all needed resources to create and test their prototypes. The forum will be finished with the Demo Day, where cross-border products will be presented. We foresee to invite important actors from business, CSO and public sectors, who are potential supporters of such initiatives. Besides, the final meeting will include Alumni forum, in order to connect new fellows with alumni of previous programs. This meeting will also serve as a final phase of SE pre-acceleration, where participants receive a detailed feedback and intensive training on how to move on with their initiatives.
All costs related to travel and accommodation are covered. During the first meeting in Tbilisi participants will be located in Fabrika: https://www.facebook.com/fabrikahosteltbilisi/
Detailed info pack will be sent when the selection process is over.
If you are interested in the program, please fill in the online application form by April 5,2018.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified by April, 10.
For any questions please contact us: